Friday, January 20, 2012

Not a dog person

I've never been a dog person.  I still wouldn't consider myself one.  I mean, I really do not like other people's dogs...much like I do not like their children.  There are a select few in each category that I tolerate like.

This dog, though, I love.  He's hyper, crazy, flatulent, stinky, and sheddy.  He likes to wrestle with my child, even when it's not wrestling time.  He also likes to hump my child.  He still jumps on all of us.  He loves to chew things.  Drives the cats ape shit.  Barks at food on the counter.  Barks at nothing.  And completely loses his mind when someone comes to the door.  But, my god, I love him.  

Nearly every day over the past 3 weeks, I have brought Blue along to pick the boy up from school.  Blue is SO excited to see his boy.  He wiggles and jiggles and whines the whole time we are in the car line.  Once he eyes his boy...he is nearly jumping out of his skin with excitement.  

I never understood why people took their dogs places.  And I still don't understand why I am doing it.  He's supposed to be a watch dog.  He is supposed to be home, preventing would-be-robbers from, er, robbing us (again!).   And here I am, taking him for rides.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment